2017 Artist Entry Application – Closed
Deadline for Plein Air Artists’ entry submissions is now closed.
Artists will be contacted the week of February 20, 2017.
The Sixth Annual Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition & Festival will take place from Tuesday, June 6th, through Sunday, June 11th, 2017. Located in the heart of the Finger Lakes, Canandaigua, NY (14424).
Open to all artists 18 years and older.
Finger Lakes Plein Air is a juried exhibition, with applications reviewed by a committee that will choose qualifying Plein Air artists on merit of the jpeg images submitted for competition. The panel will review all submitted applications and select approximately 40 artists for a total of 45 artists to participate in the 2017 event (Previous award winners will be invited back to join the 2017 event).
APPLICATION FORM & FEE
All Artists’ entries must:
• be received by the Finger Lakes Plein Air committee or postmarked no later than February 1, 2017.
• include 3 images submitted for jury process (via USB stick, CD or online jpeg submission below) (please see image format requirements below)
• include fully completed Application Form (below)
• include $45 Application Fee (nonrefundable). The fee can be paid online via credit card (prompts will appear after submitting application below) or check made payable to:
OCAC Plein Air Competition
Mailing Address for all completed entry documents, materials and Application Fee:
2016 Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition c/o OCAC
P.O. Box 573
Canandaigua, NY 14424
IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
Three images submitted should be original, unframed paintings done en plein air. Upload below.
• Each image should be in jpeg format and sized to AT LEAST 1000 pixels at their largest dimension (height or width). If re-sizing is not possible, please send full-size image.
• Identify each jpeg as follows: Your Last Name, then First Name, followed by the painting number (e.g., Smith_John_1, Smith_John_2, Smith_John_3)
Artists will be notified of their acceptance to the competition during the week of February 21, 2016. Those accepted will be provided with more event details.
Cash prizes will be awarded from the juried body of works in the exhibition. Judging will be by Sara Linda Poly, national award winning plein air painter.
• Best in Show – $3,000
• Second Place Award – $2,000
• Third Place Award – $1,000
• Quick Draw – $500
HOSTING A PROFESSIONAL ARTIST
Hosting program available. We are rallying our community to “host a professional artist” and hope to be able to help out as many of the artists as we can. This will be done on a first come, first serve basis, depending on how many rooms become available. Some friends of the arts have already stepped forward to offer housing.
ARTIST RECEPTION & REGISTRATION
A reception for artist competitors and their guest will be held Tuesday evening, June 6th, at 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This event is optional. Artists will receive information regarding the Canandaigua region and canvases will be stamped. Artists may bring numerous canvases. Artist “early” registration and canvas stamping begins on Tuesday, June 6th, beginning at 9:00 a.m.
The Preview Party & Exhibit will be held Saturday, June 10th at the Carriage House located in Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua, NY. The “open to public” exhibition will be held Sunday, June 11th, at the Carriage House located in Sonnenberg Gardens.
The Ontario County Arts Council, a 501(c) 3 tax exempt organization, will receive 40% of the proceeds of the sale and the artist 60%. Payments to the artists for sold work will be mailed after the event. All artists must submit a completed W-9 form at time of artist check in.
All unsold works must be retrieved by the artist following the final exhibition on Sunday, or arrangements must be made for shipping and insurance at the artist’s sole expense.
Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 585-394-0030 with any questions or if you are having trouble with the registration process.