Les Petits 2019
Les Petits at Springtime in Canandaigua Event
April 27–28, 2019
Canandaigua Civic Center, 250 N. Bloomfield Rd
Show Hours: Saturday, April 27 1am-6pm & Sunday, April 28 10 am –4pm
What is Les Petits?
Les Petits is a fundraiser developed to support the Finger Lakes Plein Air Festival and their scholarships. The artists come from our community and beyond. Anyone is able to donate a piece of artwork. There is no entrance fee. We have had works come from schools, community organizations, juried plein air artists, local artists, art patrons and more. Join the fun by donating a piece of your artwork!
- Open to all kinds of art — be creative & unique!
- Artwork will be donated to this event*
- Artwork must be personally designed and hand-crafted
- Artwork must be mounted so it can be hung (must provide a method to hang the artwork on a wall)
- Mounting/image size should be the equivalent of 8×10 inches or smaller (not including optional frame)
- Each artist may submit up to 3 entries.
- Mountings can be canvas, shadow box, cloth — be creative!
- Artwork must be labeled on back or front with the artist’s first and last name (can be signed). Artist contact info (phone and email address) should be included on a removable label for prize notification.
- Artwork must be submitted by April 19, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Artwork should be dropped off at the Pat Rini Rohrer Gallery on 71 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424, during normal gallery hours.
THE SHOW AND DRAWING:
During the Springtime in Canandaigua Show, the community can vote for their favorite art pieces displayed at the Plein Air/Les Petits booth by purchasing tickets for the drawing of each. At the end of the show (Sunday afternoon April 28 at 4:00) at the Plein Air booth, the art will be distributed via a drawing for each piece of art from the tickets sold for that item. All proceeds benefit the Finger Lakes Plein Air Festival.
TICKETS FOR DRAWING:
- $1.00 each / 7 for $5.00 / 15 for $10.00
- Available on site at the Plein Air/Les Petits Booth to purchase
Drawing winners will be notified by phone if not present. Art can be picked up at the Pat Rini Rohrer Gallery for 1 week following the drawing. After 1 week any unclaimed art will be returned to the artist or donated.
*Donations of art to the OCAC sponsored Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition & Festival are tax deductible.