Les Petits – A Small Works Competition & Drawing
Be a part of this event!
All artistic mediums accepted. No fee to enter.
Ribbons & judging TBA
People’s Choice award
(People who submit artwork but are involved in this project are exempt from judging)
• Open to all kinds of art — be creative & unique!
• Artwork will be donated to this event*
• Artwork must be personally designed and hand-crafted
• Artwork must be mounted so it can be hung (must provide a method to hang the artwork on a wall)
• Mounting/image size should be the equivalent of 8×10 inches or smaller (not including optional frame)
• Each artist may submit 1 entry.
• Mountings can be canvas, shadow box, cloth — be creative!
• Artwork must be labeled on back or front with the artist’s first and last name (can be signed). Artist contact info (phone and email address) should be included on a removable label for prize notification.
• Artwork must be submitted by May 15, 2017 at 6:00pm. Artwork should be dropped off at the Pat Rini Rohrer Gallery on 71 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424, during normal gallery hours.
THE SHOW AND DRAWING:
Les Petits Artwork will be displayed in a free show that is open to the public from May 26 to June 9. Location TBD. During the show the community can vote for their favorite art pieces by purchasing tickets for the drawing of each. At the end of the show the art will be distributed via a drawing for each piece of art from the tickets sold for that item. All proceeds benefit the Finger Lakes Plein Air Festival. Drawing will occur on the afternoon of Sunday, June 11 at Sonnenberg Garden.
TICKETS FOR DRAWING:
• $1.00 each / 7 for $5.00 / 15 for $10.00
• Available on site to purchase
• Drawing winners will be announced on the afternoon of Sunday, June 11 at Sonnenberg Gardens. Drawing winners will be notified by phone. Art can be picked up at the Plein Air Art Sale at Sonnenberg Gardens on Sunday, June 11 or at the gallery for 1 week following the drawing. After 1 week any unclaimed art will be returned to the artist or donated.
*Donations of art to the OCAC sponsored Finger Lakes Plein Air Competition & Festival are tax deductible.